GUIDELINES FOR TOLL FREE CENTRE AT DAK BHAWAN, NEW DELHI FOR HANDLING OF PUBLIC GRIEVANCES.
1. The toll free helpline number ‘1924’ would be available for customers from all over India from landline/mobile phone of any service providers.
2. The name of centre would be “India Post Help Centre” and it would be located in Dak Bhawan, New Delhi.
3. The toll free helpline service would be available on all days from 8:00 A.M. to 8:00 P.M. (excluding declared holidays & Sundays).
4. The complaints received from the complainant on toll free number ‘1924’ would be registered in Computerized Customer Centre (CCC) Portal by the operators at the Dak Bhawan and the 11 digits number would be provided to the complainants.
5. If the complaint already registered, the complainant would be informed the status as viewed in CCC Portal.
6. As soon as the complaint is generated on CCC Portal, the concerned post office will take immediate necessary action to resolve it and would upload the status.
7. All the Postal Circles would establish a Control Room and depute suitable competent or Senior Officers/Team of Officers for monitoring and redressal of complaints.
8. The Nodal Officer in each Circle will open the CCC Portal every day and check all the complaints beginning with “100030 - …… the Toll Free Complaints” and will examine for quick disposal.
9. The Circle Heads would direct to all the Post Offices to ensure that they log in CCC Portal at the beginning of day and at the end of the day compulsorily.
10. The case disposal time is one working day subject to policy matters. The complainant would be informed, if it involves policy matter.
11. The reasonable reply should be uploaded in the CCC Portal.
12. Circle will update the status of each such cases every 24 hrs. through email firstname.lastname@example.org.
13. The name of Officers with email address and mobile number in each Circle who will be Nodal Officer, should be sent on email@example.com
14. CPMG should review the ‘1924’ pending cases every day and in case of pendency going beyond 24 hours would give full details and convey his/her observation to PG Cell of Directorate which will provide weekly report to the Secretary (Posts).
15. Circles would provide utmost priority and quick disposal of the complaints received through Toll Free Centre.
16. All the Circles would propagate and give wide publicity of “Toll Free Number 1924” within their jurisdiction through appropriate medium within budgetary limit after inauguration of India Post Help Centre by Hon’ble Minister of Communications.