எதிர் வரும் மாநிலக் கூட்டு ஆலோசனைக் குழுக் கூட்டத்தில் அதன் உறுப்பினரும் நமது அஞ்சல் மூன்று மாநிலச் செயலருமாகிய தோழர்J.R. அவர்களால் எடுக்கப் பட்டுள்ள ஊழியர் பிரச்சினைகளை உங்கள் பார்வைக்கு கீழே அளிக்கிறோம்.
The Chief Postmaster General, & Chairman, Admn. Side, RJCM,
Chennai 600 002.
Sub: Subjects for discussions at the next RJCM Meeting – Reg.
The following item of subjects are proposed to be taken up by the Staff side, for discussions during the ensuing RJCM meeting. The same may kindly be entertained.
1. Re-opening of item No. 11 since the case is not settled, despite taken up with the PMG, CCR.
The staff at Anna Road , Chennai GPO and in City Dns., Trichy Region are suffering a lot on combination of duties, resulting to cover the extended mileage on one hand and they are pressurized to ensure 100% delivery on the other hand. This affects the services badly. Request to permit engagement of outsiders on leave/vacant places.
2. Re-opening of item No. 18 since in many areas staff are suffering much to cope up with the large scale e-MOs, with the presently available very old dot matrix printers. Even the batteries are in worn out condition resulting in UPS failures, facing with ultimate sufferings in the 8 hours power cuts scenario in most rural areas.
3. Re-opening of item No.19, though replied to return back the deputationists in phased manner, it was not done till time. The deputationists and many temporary transferred officials have completed two tenures at Circle Office , but rules and instructions are adhered strictly only to those in operative சைடு. Violating all these , again willingness is called for, for fresh deputations to C.O. and R.O.
4. Re-opening of item No.27 . Request to settle the issue since the deputations are now to exceed the period of one year by April 2012.
5. Re-opening of item No. 33 since not settled till date , despite taking up this issue in the bi-monthly meeting again by the service unions.
6. Re-opening of item No. 34 since not settled till date, despite taking up this issue in the bi-monthly meeting again by the service unions.
7. Re-opening of item No. 35 since not settled till date , despite taking up this matter with the PMG, CCR by the Group C union repeatedly on 09.01., 31.01, and 03.02.2012. Also Rule 38
tfd officials are placed as seniors in the Gradation list overlooking the Divisional seniority .
8. Re-opening of item No. 47 since the case of Erode City is not settled till date.
9. Non revision of FSC in most of the Divisions throughout Tamilnadu Circle though ordered by Dte. on
02.12.2010. Already taken up with the Regions.
10. Non supply of APAR to the officials in most of the Divisions within the prescribed period to prefer
any appeal as per the orders of the Dte. dt. 14.05.2010. Already taken up with the Regions.
11.Dequarterisation of the post offices which are not having adequate space, lack of basic amenities and
ineligible dwellings - Hence the officials forced to hire rented house for their family. Already taken
up at R.O. level. To cite an eg.
Tirupur East, Vijayapuram, Karamadai SOs-Tirupur Dn.
Kethi, Newhope, Kilkothagiri, Kullakambi, Seaforth SOs-Nilgiris Dn
Mallikundam, Danishpet SOs – Salem West Division.
Washermanpet, ICF Colony SOs- Chennai City North Dn.
12. Repairs to Nandanam Post Office building . The weathering course at the top of the building is completely damaged and there is seepage of water to the entire office portion during rainy days. This was taken up with higher level and pending for long.
13. Attending of problems relating to Park Town HPO building i) Insufficient water supply ii) Arresting of water leakage in the ceiling at the second floor iii) Replacement of existing pipe line and supply of new motor for water supply.
14.Grant of Road Mileage allowance to System Administrators as per Dept. orders No. 1-02/2011-PAP dt. 17. 01.2012.
15. Grant of training allowance to the instructors who imparted PA induction training to the new recruits at
Temporary PTC, @ RGMTTC, Meenambakkam and Vinayaka Mission Engg. College, Salem as per
Dte. lr. No. 33/89-98 PR I (PCC) dt. 17.6.98 communicated vide CPMG, TN Lr. ESB/134-1/98
16. Drawal of annual increments to the officials who have not passed the confirmation examination
earlier, Since the confirmation exam is now scrapped as per the revised PA rectt. Rules.
17. Request for applying uniformity in deciding Rule 38 / temporary transfers throughout the Circle-
Even Mutual and spouse category transfers are not allowed in some Regions within TN Circle.
18. Non filling up of GDS vacant posts in many Divisions throughout Tamilnadu Circle, despite clear
cut orders of Directorate, leading to making of local arrangements on the whims of the authorities
concerned.eg. Trichy Dn.
19. Redeployment of GDSSVs in some Regions, against Directorate orders , despite justification of
work load of more than 3 hours , leading to increase in the work load of Counter P.A.s.
20. Combination of GDS posts by the sub-ordinate authorities in Central Region leading to the work
load of exceeding 5 hrs. which is against the orders of the Directorate.
21. Extension of business hours up to 5.00 PM including Saturdays against ILO norms and against
5 day week- administrative office / 6 day week - operative office principles. Request to withdraw the
22. Drawal of officials to duty on Sundays on regular basis , which is human rights violation and
against ILO norms . The income received through poor traffic on Sundays against the
expenditure on Electricity, maintenance, establishment charges etc, leading loss to the department
also. Request to withdraw the orders.
23.Extension of counters in late nights even up to 09.00 PM and compelling to perform OT duty
by the same staff leading to 13 hours duty on daily basis , which is violation of human rights and
against ILO norms.Also against NPO norms.
24. Non implementation of Dte. order No. 25-5/2010-PE I dt. 19.7.2010 for the past 2 yrs. in order
to restore the surrendered posts of 6% operative and 20% Supervisory posts.
25. Measuring of distance factor in Multi storied buildings , new extension areas and congested area
factor to assess the work load of the Postman staff. Without doing so any abolition or
combination of duty will lead to suffer the delivery efficiency.
26. Filling up of all LR posts in Postman and PA cadre, as per the norms.
27. Restoration of the post of Sorting Postman which were re-deployed/abolished in many Divisions andfilling up of the post s lying vacant as per the Directorate orders No.25-20/2008-PE I dt12.07.2011.Also request for filling up of all the vacant Mail Overseer, Cash Overseer, Head Postmanposts pending for long.
28. Conduction of training classes, meetings/melas in Sundays & Holidays against the Labour
interest , denial of their legitimate rights and making the staff in restlessness mood , preventing
from discharging their domestic duties, thereby snatching personal& civic liberty . After JCA
indefinite strike agreement, though it was stopped a while, now recommenced again on
11.03.2012 onwards in Tamil Nadu Circle. violating Dte orders no. 16/56/2011-SR dt. 8.7.2011.
29. Payment of GDSGIS amount to the GDS officials who were promoted/ retired/deceased as per
the revised table of benefit released vide. No.P 1/Fund A/cs/EDA GIS 92 Table of benefit/11-12 dt.01/5.12.2011 of Director, PLI, Kolkata. Cases pending for more than 2 years.
30. Delayed supply of uniforms and other kit items in good quality to Postmen and other eligible postal Employees and to associate one representative of the staff union in purchase committee , as perDte. Lr. No. 23-5/2007-UPE (pt) dt. 03.01.2012.
31. Grant of peripheral HRA in consonance with the List of Urban Agglomerations notified in 2011Population totals released by the Census of India 2011 of Govt. of India, instead of awaiting for dependency certificate years-to-gether from the respective Collect orates. It is well declared in theCensus of India 2011 that the notified urban agglomeration is a continuous urban spread
constituting a town and its adjoining outgrowths.
32. Request to declare the ‘ real balance’ as per SBCO records, in order to locate the actual minus
balances since agreements are made twice in a year and interest statement is released once
in a year. Without declaring the ‘ real balance’ officials are tortured to settle the cases of minus
balances. Without confirming the ‘real balance’, withdrawals/closures are made on the pressure
applied by the depositors and by the administration, with reference to the PBs. This results in
contributory negligence factors and recoveries.
33. Grant of special pay to all the Accountants including those who are granted with
MACP I, II, III.
34. Grant of Treasury allowance to all Pas working in Treasury panel including those who are grantedwith MACP I, II, III.
35. Request to issue guidelines for Treasury postings, taking in to account the seniority criteria
including MACP I, II, III officials.
36. Request for preparation/issue of Gradation list periodically in all the cadres as per the basic rules
of the Department, including LSG, HSG II, HSG I, PM Grade I, PM Grade II officials.
37. Filling up of MTS posts in PRI (Mails) , Park Town HO.
38. Abrupt stoppage of Short Duty staff in many Regions, resulting in unmanageable works, to the existing staff due to attending un-provided item of works, un-nor med business item of works,
permanent deputation to un-provided areas like IMT, DSM/SA. ME, PLI/RPLI decentralization
works etc. Request to restore the SDC services, besides meeting acute shortages.
39. Exploring drawing facilities from Nationalized Banks in most rural areas, where Bank facilities are available, Since remittance of special cash to SOs are heavy in present days, which is high
risk and no safety measures are followed by the Drawing authorities, including Police escort.
40. Request to restore normal functioning of P&T Dispensary at Trichy. The service is disrupted dueto non filling up of the vacancies, abrupt termination of outsourced staff, no sanction for any new appointments- Patients subjected to numerous hardships .
41. Request to grant periodical meeting to the Circle Union with the Director , Foreign Post as in the case of Past, since it is a separate unit equal to a Region.
42.When general permission requested for some any urgent or natural calamities / to attend death, order of the Director is sought for in Foreign Post. It is requested to take necessary action with higher level to give independent charge of this unit. Till such time, some alternate arrangement may kindly be made like to down grade to next grade and make independent charges of the post.
43. As there is no In-charge in IPO cadre at Foreign Post, Meenambakkam area, it is very hard to face day to day problems. It leads unwarranted interference and threatening of staff by the SSRM, Air Mail Stg. DN., which is beyond his jurisdiction. Hence it is requested to redeploy one IPO/ASPOs post regularly at Foreign Post, Air Complex, from among three of the IPO line officials [ASP(A), ASP(O) and IPO(M&C)] holding seat at Foreign Post, Chennai 600 001.
43. Staff at Foreign Post are compelled to dispose the late receipt of mails on the day itself and dispose, even after close of office hours. Ladies are also detained in late hours usually, leading to unsafe night returns and raising of domestic problems. Alternate solution is requested.
44. Request to fill up the vacant MTS Post in Foreign Post Division. As on date 28 vacant Posts
(out of 80 ) are found as per establishment register / norms.
45. Request to fix hoist for loading and unloading mail bags at Foreign Post, Air complex,
Meenambakkam, Chennai 600 027, since MTS are forced to load and unload mail bags/heavy
bags to first and second floor at this complex, which is felt very hazardous.
46.RPLI harassment in various Divisions by the Divisional authorities, to make fictitious policies to increase the number and premium. No. of live policies does not reflect the procurement figures
shown at the close of the previous financial year. Eg.Karur.
Operative staff are forced to go out on duty hours to canvass the policies, resulting in adverse
complaints from among public , which badly affect the services. Instead, the field staff may be
fully engaged in canvassing the business.
47. Acute shortage of Computer printing Sheet in various Divisions for eg. Tiruvannamalai. Almost all the offices were now computerised. Oneside paper or rough sheets are being used. It is very difficult to manage. Postmen delivery slips are now printed in one side Mail lists that too not sufficiently available. Staff are forced to purchase white sheets from their own pockets. Already taken up in monthly meetings in various Divisions.
48. Supply of mineral water for drinking purposes to the staff in General. When this was made in
Tiruvannamalai Division, deduction was made in the wages of the contingent staff and this amount was utilized for the purchase of the water cane, inhumanly . eg. Chengam, Thandarampattu and Vengikal SOs.
49. Request to supply 100 KVA generator to Salem HO and early erection of motor at the newly
made bore well At Hasthampatti HO. Request for provision of lift facility at Salem HO.
50. The maintenance work of Postal Staff quarters at Nilgiris Division was not made for the past 10 years Including white washing, rewiring, and attending of petty works. Request to take action in this regard.
51. Proposal of justified augmentation of PRI(P) post at Chrompet S.O. , which was sent to higher
level for Approval is pending for long . This may kindly be cleared to meet the public
52. Request for supply of UPS and Generator power line to BPC, Tambaram HO. Staff are suffering Long.
53. Financial assistance cases from Circle welfare fund may be expedited early, since the assistance is required to meet the emergent situations. Long pending cases:- Prolonged illness case of Sri.K.Balasubramanian, APM, Coonoor, and loosing of both the legs in road accident while on duty-case co Sri. Ismail, Postman, TTPundi HO.
54. Long pending cases of Arakkonam Division :- 1)Kirlosker generator of Arakkonam HO is not
functioning from 28/09/2011 and HO is facing lot of difficulties in the power cut scenario.
2)Construction of compound wall of Walajapet HSG II SO Which kept in long pending . Both pending with R.O.