Wednesday 4 July 2012


அறிவைத் தேடுவோம்!                                      அடுத்த தலைமுறை வளர்ப்போம் !

1.      Whether LTC can be availed by engaging Private Taxi?

Ø  No. It cannot be availed.

Ø  Government servants are allowed to encash ten days of earned leave at the time of availing the LTC and to the extent of sixty days during the entire career. The leave encashed at the time of LTC will not be deducted from the maximum amount of earned leave encashable at the time of retirement. Where both husband and wife are Government servants, the present entitlement for availing LTC shall remain unchanged, and encashment of leave equal to 10 days at the time of availing of LTC will continue to be available to both, subject to a maximum of sixty days each during the career. With effect from 3.6.2009, encashment leave is permitted without any linkage to the number of days and nature of leave availed while proceeding on LTC.

Ø  The hometown once declared and accepted by the controlling officer shall be treated as final. In exceptional circumstances, the Head of the Department, the Administrative Ministry may authorize a change in such declaration provided that such a change shall not be made more than once during the service of a Government servant.

Ø  In normal parlance home town is a place where the government servant is born. However it may not be applicable to most of the officials as many would have shifted to other places from the place of their birth due to various reasons. The following guidelines provided by the Govt which are not exhaustive could be useful for deciding the home town. However the decision of the Controlling Officer shall be final in accepting the hometowns.
·         The place declared by Government servant is the one which requires his physical presence at intervals for discharging various domestic and social obligations, and if so, whether after his entry into service, the Government servant had been visiting that place frequently.
·         The Government servant owns residential property in that place or whether he is a member of a joint family having such property there.
·         His near relations are resident in that place.
·         Prior to his entry into Government service, the Government servant had been living there for some years.
·         Where the Government servant or the family of which he is a member owns a residential or landed property in more than one place, it is left to the Government servant to make a choice giving reasons for the same.

Ø  When husband and wife both are Govt. servants, they could, at their option, choose to declare separate hometown and both of them may claim the concession separately under the normal provisions of CCS (LTC) Rules. In respect of the members of their respective families subject to the condition that if husband or wife avails the facility as a member of the family of the other, he or she will not be entitled for claiming the concession for self independently. Similarly, the children shall be eligible for the benefit in one particular block as members of the family of one of the parents only.                                                

No comments:

Post a Comment